PRESS RELEASE: Royal Majestic Embraces National Hanger Recycling Effort
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 1, 2014
CONTACT: Royal Majestic Cleaners
1355 Wilhelm Road
Mundelein, IL 60060
Royal Majestic Dry Cleaner & Laundry Is Dedicated To Recycling
Royal Majestic Embraces National Hanger Recycling Effort
Ten million fewer hangers will make their way to landfills this year, thanks to the help of Royal Majestic Dry Cleaners & Laundry and other participants of the Dry Cleaning & Laundry Institute’s “DLI Cleaners Care-Hanger Recycling” program. The program began as a U.S. project but has grown internationally. “This program is designed to help the environment, customers, and our members,” said DLI CEO Mary Scalco. “2012 is our first year with this program and we’re shooting for 10 million fewer hangers in landfills. We want to see that number grow as awareness spreads.”
Royal Majestic formerly recycled 160,000 hangers each year on its own; but by joining with associated cleaning businesses across the nation, the company was able to contribute to a greater goal.
Royal Majestic is working with the Dry Cleaning & Laundry Institute’s “DLI Cleaners Care Hanger Recycling” program. “We’re proud to be part of a program that keeps hangers out of landfills and helps reduce our industry’s carbon footprint,” said Tim Wolf-Lewis, General Manager of Royal Majestic Dry Cleaners & Laundry. “We want our customers to know that we are committed to improving the environment and securing our family’s future from an environmental perspective, as much as we care about cleaning their garments.”
Mr. Wolf-Lewis explains, “Royal Majestic pledges to reuse hangers whenever possible; and recycle unusable hangers with local steel scrap yards. We track the hangers by estimated count and the scrap by weight. We report recycling numbers to the Institute for inclusion in their grand total. Our route representatives carry cardboard hanger caddies on their trucks to swap out (full for empty) at every customer, on each service day (Monday-Saturday)! In reality, this increased awareness effort reduced the actual hanger waste by 25 million from our member contributors in 2013. This year’s projected amount has risen to 30 million due to the positive reception and tremendous support of individuals and companies who have joined the effort.”
Visit Royal Majestic Dry Cleaners & Laundry at www.royal-delivers.com.
Route Sales & Service Manager
Dry & Wet Cleaning Supervisor/Head Spotter
Production Supervisor/Customer Service Specialist
Quality Control Supervisor and Detailing Lead
- CERTIFIED GREEN by the Green Cleaners Council of IL (only 1 of 3 in Chicago) featuring Eco-Green cleaner’s bags which are 100% biodegradable and compostable.
- The Green Council of Illinois “Green Leaf Award with 4 Leaves” winner for environmental sustainability and innovative eco-technologies.
- Angie’s List Grade “A” status rating and Honor Roll designee (only 2% of their referrals).
- #1 Best Suburban Dry Cleaner as voted by customers at large.
- Dry Cleaning & Laundry Institute’s 2012 and 2013 Friend of the Planet Awards-for contributing to landfill waste reduction by collecting, re-circulating, and recycling over 160K hangers annually.
- Dress for Success Worldwide-Central (Chicago) – Exclusive Corporate Partner & Suitor empowering the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire and a network of support and career development tools to help women succeed and thrive.